Dr. Alan L. Frame and our team are proud to utilize laser dentistry in Santa Clara, California, so that we can provide patients with more effective, comfortable treatment. At our office, we have the EPIC™ diode laser. This laser can be used in a variety of treatments, including pain therapy, teeth whitening and soft tissue procedures. We also utilize the Biolase WaterLase Laser for gum and tooth procedures and, in some cases, without the use of local anesthetic! We invite you to contact our office at 408-244-3562 today to learn more and to schedule a visit with our dentist.
Dental lasers are one of the many tools our dentist and team have equipped our office with in order to provide more comfortable and efficient dental care. Dental treatments performed with dental lasers fall under the category of laser dentistry, and these treatments often be performed faster and more precisely than their traditional counterparts, cutting down the expected healing time and risk of infection, making the visit to our office more relaxing, and occasionally removing any need for anesthesia during treatment.
Some of the treatments we offer at our office that can be enhanced with the use of dental lasers, including:
- Gum Disease Treatment: Our team may use dental lasers to remove bacteria and infected tissue.
- Dental Fillings: Dental lasers can be used to cure (harden) filling material.
- Tooth Restoration: Dental lasers can remove the decayed or damaged portion of a tooth.
- Canker Sore Treatment: Dental lasers can be used to heal cold and canker sores.
- Teeth Whitening: Dental lasers are often used to speed up in-office whitening treatments.
- Gum Contouring: Dental lasers can be used in cosmetic and restorative recontouring of the gumline.
In addition to their many other benefits, using dental lasers to perform the treatments listed above can minimize bleeding both during and after treatment and more precisely treat the targeted areas. To learn more about how our Santa Clara dentist can use dental lasers to make your visit more comfortable or convenient, call or visit our office today.