If you feel your smile looks dull or unappealing but you can’t visit your dentist just yet, we invite you to try one or more of these five tips to enhance your smile instantly at home:
1. Hydrate your lips with lip balm. Your smile can be overshadowed by dry, chapped lips. As winter approaches, it’s more important than ever to pay extra attention to your lips.
2. If you enjoy wearing lipstick, you’ll be excited to learn that a bright lipstick gives you a brighter-looking smile. If your teeth aren’t naturally white but you have an upcoming special occasion and want to make them look radiant, choose a cherry, plum, or berry shade; the contrast makes your smile appear whiter.
3. Keep your gum looking healthy. Pink, healthy gums are flossed regularly. If your gums are looking red or inflamed, you probably have a buildup of bacteria that needs to be removed. We encourage you to floss on a regular basis for the perfect smile.
4. Consider using an electric toothbrush. Electric toothbrushes are more effective than manual brushes at keeping your teeth clean and remove daily stains.
5. Use an effective toothpaste. Quality toothpaste keeps the gums healthy and your teeth bright. If you are unsure which type of toothpaste to choose, feel free to ask us for a recommendation.
For even more dental enhancing tips, call Alan L. Frame, D.D.S. at 408-244-3562. Dr. Alan L. Frame also provides a number of cosmetic dental treatments in Santa Clara, California, for a long-lasting and gorgeous smile.